When you are happy and satisfied with the job done by the professional movers while relocating to a new place, tipping them is a good way of showing appreciation for their hard work. The charges of the moving companies will depend on various factors like the distance of the move, the items that need to be packed, etc. Find the best Interstate Moving California
John Pellitteri, the colonial Van Lines, stated that tipping the team members between 50 and 100 dollars for their job is a good move and is highly appreciated even though it is not an essential requirement. In this article, we will see a few guidelines for tipping local movers rochester ny.
Moving tip guidelines
- Half-day move for 4 hours or less tip 20 to 40 dollars per person
- 8 hours a full day, tip 40 to 80 dollars per person
- For 12 hours of labor or more, a tip of 60 to 100 dollars per person can be given
- Tip 4 to 5 dollars per person for each hour of labor
Certain factors like difficulties faced by the movers and the care they take while moving your belongings must be considered.
- A minimum tip of 40 dollars per mover must be given to long-distance movers
- 20 dollars per mover tip for local movers
- 10 to 20 dollars per day to tip for packers
- 20 to 40 dollars per move to tip piano movers
Is it essential to tip movers?
Generally, it is not mandatory to tip the movers. People usually tip movers for the help they extend, the way they treat your belongings, being punctual, and answering any of your queries. When the movers give their services during extreme temperatures or holidays, it would be a good cause to tip the movers as a means of showing your appreciation.
Before deciding on tipping a mover, ask yourself,
- Are there excessive stairs?
- Is there plenty of heavy furniture that needs to be moved?
- Are there fragile items, antiques, or other valuable belongings?
As a means of showing your appreciation for the movers, you can write an online review by mentioning their names as such feedback can help others too.
There will be a line item on your bill in large national moving companies, but a small company does not have this option. The tip can be paid in cash or by using any other mode of payment options like a credit card, or cheque. It depends on you whether you tip the movers while loading or unloading or at both ends.
The movers can also be tipped with food or other beverages as refreshments. The drinks must be appropriate for the weather like lemon juice during a hot summer day or warm tea or coffee during chilled weather.
If it is a long-distance move that includes a long day, you could offer the movers lunch. It could be better to ask them what they would like to eat rather than ordering something on your own. Offering them a few snacks can be sufficient for a half-day move.