A white vintage kitchen décor is a dream for many people. Are you one of them? If yes, then you should know that giving your kitchen a vintage look does not merely require the addition of vintage cabinets. But there are other magical forces at play which give a kitchen its vintage aura.
Opting for a suitable set of antique white kitchen cabinets is the first step. These can be said to be the primary means of setting the vintage mood for your kitchen.
Available in a large variety of shapes, sizes, and styles e.g. mystic white cabinets or vintage white cabinets, they are very much storage and space-efficient. There are also RTA vintage cabinets available at attractive affordable rates. Opting for these will certainly help you add a perfect timeless look to your kitchen.
However, there are many other additional touches, both big and small, that will certainly help you a lot in turning your kitchen into a timeless vintage masterpiece.
Here are 7 fruitful ways of adding to your vintage kitchen décor:
- Natural wood design: One of the most effective ways of giving your kitchen a vintage appeal is to go for wooden flooring and a wooden countertop. They add to the overall vintage vibe.
- Beadboard: This versatile paneling can be used in a variety of ways in your vintage kitchen décor. It can be used as a backsplash or even on the inner and outer sides of your vintage white cabinets.
- Open shelving: Open shelving allows you to showcase your vintage kitchenware in the most perfect manner. Not only this, they provide a more spacious feel to your kitchen. You can either take the doors off of your antique white kitchen cabinets or you can even buy a few floating shelves and install them on one of your empty kitchen walls.
- Hardware: Opt for classic metal handles, knobs, bars and pulls add attach them to your kitchen amenities. They are small but add a lot to your vintage kitchen appeal. They are very much affordable and are available in a variety of shapes and sizes for you to choose from.
- Faucets: Faucets of your kitchen sink can also be provided with a vintage look. Many such faucet styles are available e.g. centerset, widespread, etc. which provide a perfect feel of the bygone era. Attach a vintage-style faucet to your vintage sink and bring alive the timelessness of your kitchen.
- Apron Front Sinks: These vintage style sinks were made to be added to a space cut out of the kitchen counter. These basically have a deep basin structure with an exposed front. They are available in a variety of materials like stainless steel, porcelain, and copper.
- Flea Market merchandise: Oftentimes, flea markets sell kitchen-additionals which can be perfect additions to your vintage kitchen décor. Keep an eye out for anything which you think might add to the appeal e.g. small vintage pieces, and cookware to enhance the vintage feel, and get your hands on them at once. They will certainly prove fruitful.
A vintage kitchen gives a warm pleasant feel which is very much soothing to the eyes of the beholder. Give your kitchen a perfect blend of vintage looks that are accompanied by modern efficiency with antique white kitchen cabinets. However, keeping these 7 points in mind will further help you in turning your kitchen into a vintage spectacle along with a transitional aspect that incorporates design and utility.